Thursday, May 27, 2010

What is Wrong with Tammy?






What is wrong with Tammy? All week long I have been asking myself this question. I have not been in a bad mood but I have not been myself at all. I just felt lazy all week and did not want to really do anything at all. I guess you could say I have been in a major funk !!! Well I have finally figured out what is wrong with me ... I am homesick. A few weeks ago I posted a blog about the Indy 500 and how I just lost interest in it and quit going after 37 straight races. Well this is the first year since I was 2 that I have not walked in the gates to the track. We were suppose to go to pole day last week but allergies and sinus problems kept me from going. Carb day is always something that I look forward to all year long but I forgot to tell Jeff to take that night off of work and it would not be fun without him.
So, I know that I said the race has lost a lot of its luster and I still believe the best drivers were from the 60's,70's and 80's (Today's drivers just have it way too easy and in my opinion they are too pampered) That being said, there is nothing in this World that compares to Indy on race day morning. I guess it just doesn't really matter who is behind the wheel, when you see those cars come around the 4th turn going 225 mph I dare you to not get goosebumps. So ~ I am homesick!!! I miss my town of Speedway, I miss my friends, I miss decorating my house for the race, and I miss the Race. This will not happen next year because I will be attending the 100th running!!!




No comments: