Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy 2011

Well it is that time a year where most of us make all of those Resolutions that we can never keep. Most of my friends have the "Lose 10 pounds" and "Get Organized" as their top Resolutions. Normally, I fall right into that ... I start out with the best of intentions and I eat right and I work out and I am doing good and then it usually goes to h#@* ! I will put full blame on my Love for Chicken Wings, Chocolate, and real Coke. ( Ohh, and my toasted PBJ before bed-time)

Here is a Top 10 list I found on Google -

The Top Ten Resolutions List

This year I am going to make my goals somewhat easier to attain. 10 lb weight loss? I don't think so. I think I will try not to go up another size in clothes = Maintain. Avoid the daily weigh ins, and instead of "dieting" just eat when I am hungry.





Drink more Water!!!!!



A lot of people want to try and quit smoking and drinking. I don't smoke and I hardly ever drink. This year I am going to try and find the time to consume a few more beers with my husband and even sit and smoke a cigar with him while watching the sunset by a campfire.


"Get Organized" ??? I think it would be hard for me to improve here. I think Jeff would like it if I were a little more unorganized.

Save more $$$ This past year we have really watched our spending. I went from working full-time to working part-time so we have had to make some adjustments. I am so Happy because now we are debt free (except for the house)

Be less Crabby! I think it is a getting older thing for me - I don't always wake up in the best of moods and it takes me a few hours to snap out of it and be "normal" I will blame this on arthritis and sinus problems.

Becoming more fit. I use to be fit, I use to be in great shape and I was actually at one time a college athlete. Why does it take so long to become fit but it takes such a short time to become unfit???

I Do Enjoy Life and I don't think I really need to spend more time with my Family - Most of the time I just work 2 days a week and the rest of the time I am doing something with my Family.

Help People - If you are my friend and you ask me for help I will be there. I am not going to go out in the world and search for people to help... I believe that is a problem in our Country, I think we offer our help to too many other countries when we should focus on our own.

Learn something New - I like this one! I have always wanted to learn to quilt. This will be a major learning experience for me because I can't even sew a button on. (Seriously) I have already been trying to learn new cooking techniques and I also want to learn more about guns and to become an even better marks(woman). Jeff loves that one ;)

I guess those are my Resolutions for 2011. Succeed or Fail I just wish for Health and Happiness for my entire Family and Friends.











No comments: