Sunday, September 12, 2010

Men are from Mars!




Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Until I got married I never gave this notion a thought. I waited until I was 34 to get married and lived "Happily" alone with my beloved Siamese cat for 12 years after graduating from college. I say "Happily" because for the most part I was happy - I loved being able to come and go as I please, the TV was all mine, the bed was all mine, and most importantly... the house was just the way I like it, - CLEAN! However, I did know that I did not want to end up the old maid cat lady! I wanted a life partner and someone to raise a family and grow old with. I really had no idea how different men and women really were. I always considered myself a "tomboy" ~ I loved sports and always had a good time with the guys so I figured an easy transition, WRONG!


The other day I had just finished cleaning the house. I took a shower, I was in a great mood (the house clean mood) and went to the kitchen and I swear I wanted to throw the toaster at Jeff! He had fixed himself a PBJ sandwich and the entire counter top was a mess... jelly smeared, toasted bread crumbs all over, and the peanut butter and jelly were left out along with the knife he used. Now not in a million years would I ever do that. The problem is he just does not get it, he has no clue why I would be upset over that...

Another difference...
Jeff will spend big bucks on some big boy toy he wants but refuses to pay someone to service the furnace or change the oil in his car. He will risk his life every year climbing around on the roof or sweeping the chimney to save a buck, He is a great cook but does the kitchen always have to look like a war zone when we are eating his dinner? And... there are good movies out there that do not involve war, fighting, guns, and topless women, right? Is a hunting rifle more valuable than a longaberger basket or shoes? I am a member of the NRA and I go to gun shows, auctions, history museums... One day Jeff will take me to the Longaberger factory and the Covered Bridge Festival! I will keep telling myself this....



Don't get me wrong... I am very happy that Jeff is a mans man. He is rough and tough and I love him that way... but he is from Mars!


No comments: