Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hit by a Mack-Truck ? !




A few days ago we returned from a camping trip to Holiday World. This summer instead of going on 1 big trip we have been taking several 3-4 day trips. One thing I have learned from this is that it does not matter if you camp for 1 night or 10 nights you will have a mess to clean up when you get home! The camper will be trashed and you will have a pile of laundry that will scare you to death!

Holiday World is always a great trip. I highly recommend this park to anyone - Very Clean!! Great water park!! Free drinks!! and overall just a really good place to take the family. The Lake Rudolph Campground is also nice for camping and you can also rent a camper or a cabin, if you have not been you should check it out!


This year was exciting for us because our 5 year old was able to ride all of the rides for the first time :) I wasn't exactly sure what to expect because I had no idea if she would like roller coasters or not ... she loved them!!!!


Now as most of you know things are not always "perfect"
Our "perfect" day in the park almost ended in the water park. There are 2 areas in the water park that are like a big play ground (where the big buckets dump water on your head) ... Anyway, Abby was going down the water-slides and she wanted me to come down with her. So Abby went down first and I waited and then I went down. I was zooming down the slide FAST and Abby did not get out of the way and I could not see anything but I slammed into Abby full-force! It took me a few seconds to even find her but my heart had sunk, I knew I hit her hard and I was scared to death. When I saw Abby she was crying a little bit but she seemed to be ok. We were walking away and that is when I saw her leg... OMG it looked terrible!!! She had a large area on her leg where the skin was torn off from the concrete because she was plowed over by her Mack-Truck Momma. I don't think I have ever felt so bad or have ever felt like such a bad mom! My pay backs came quickly because when we were standing in the lines for the rides people would ask Abby what happened to her leg and she replied, " My mommy slammed into me on the water-slide" :(


OUCH






No comments: