Friday, July 23, 2010

Greasy Gravy Road ????



Most (some) of the time I am happy living in southern Indiana... However, not a day goes by that I don't think about living out west in Montana or Colorado. I love the mountains and wildlife and just about everything that has to do with the west. All I would have to do is say to Jeff - lets move! and we would be gone, he also shares this dream. The only reason we have not moved is because of my parents. The are both in their 70's and do not want to move again and I could not move away from them.

Don't get me wrong... I love Indiana! I also like the small town that I live in. I just don't like the weather (HOT and HUMID) and also it just doesn't seem to be a 'healthy" place to live. One of my favorite things to do is hike and there are no
14'ers to climb in Indiana or Grizzly bears, Moose, and Mountain goats ... which I all love.

What got me started on this topic was the fact that I was driving around yesterday and went down a road that I had never been on before. The name of the road was Gobbler Knob! I just started laughing because that was just one of many street names that scream "Hillbilly" There is Gnaw Bone, Indiana and then in my County there is Dog Trot Rd., Goat Hollow Rd., Opossum Creek Rd., and my favorite... Greasy Gravy Rd :) If I could think I am sure I would come up with many more. I grew up in Speedway, Indiana and our streets were 15th, 16th, ... Georgetown Rd., Crawfordsville Rd., ... so for me this is quite humorous and always gets me thinking about what it would be like to live in Montana.









No comments: