Friday, April 15, 2011

A to Z Challenge





M is for Mom

When I think about hard work and determination I always think of my mom. She left home at the age of 11 to get away from her abusive step-dad. She lived with her older sister. The youngest of 13, She basically came from nothing and had nothing but managed to put together a life for herself that many born with a silver spoon could not do. She can fry the best chicken and at 73 she can still hang dry-wall :) As a mom, she always put me first. In fact, growing up I can't even remember a time she ever went shopping for herself. She sacrificed so much to give me what I have today and to give me what I thought I needed back in my younger days.

All along the way we have had our fair share of Mom/Daughter "fights" , but I always know she just wanted what was best for me. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. Now, her house remodeling has slowed down and she focuses most all of her time spoiling the Grand Kids.

I Love my Mom!

Aren't they Cute :)

My neighbors growing up were the Dewitts. Remember Janet on 3's Company??? Yep, thats her. Now kudos to my Dad for looking so Cool, but come on Mom - Rollers in your hair with your Mc-Fly shades on, I know I was hiding in the bushes dying a 1.000 deaths!

She is the Best Grandma!





She is a Proud Grandma













1 comment:

Tara Tyler said...

great pics! and congrats on 100 followers =)
Happy M & N days!