Friday, March 11, 2011

Five Question Friday, 3-11-11











1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?

Yes, it is 1/2 and 1/2, 1/2 light brown and the other 1/2 - nasty, awful, yucky, can't believe I am old enough to have it Gray! Thank the Lord for hair color!!!!


2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?

Both

This summer we are planning. We are taking the big trip to Disney with the girls for the first time and we will be celebrating birthdays so I am wanting everything to be perfect and magical for them. It will be a 2 wk. vacation, 1 wk in Disney (for the girls) 1 wk on Beach (for Jeff and I) Jeff is the fly by the seat of your pants kinda guy and I am the Planner.


3. What is your favorite meal to cook?

I love to cook!!! It is one of my favorite things to do. I love trying new recipes and I am addicted to the Food Network. I Love Holiday cooking - Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter dinner... I also love to have family or friends over for Themed dinners - Super Bowl (tailgating food), Sushi Night, Chinese Night, Mexican Night with Margaritas, Hmm It is 5'o clock somewhere, right?



4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?

I use to before having kids. I was raised where when something, anything was given to you - you should sit down and write a Thank You note or at least call the person. Now that I have the kiddos I realize how hard it is to find time to do anything.

5. How did you meet your best friend?

I married my very best friend! But if we are talking girlfriends it is my friend Tammy. We met freshman year at college and 24 years later we are still best friends. Tammy and Tammy :) The first time I met her I was heading for the elevator in the dorm with a heavy basket of laundry piled high. She was standing close so I asked her if she could hit the down button for me ... I thought she was ignoring me because I asked her several times... I then said, "Are you deaf or something?" and did it myself. 1 week later I found mysel
f sitting in her room with some other girls and looked at her and noticed she was wearing a hearing aide!!! Needless to say I felt horrible! We bonded listening to her Mellencamp tapes. Yes tapes, this was right before the big CD explosion :) We have been best buds ever since. Love You Tammy and Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Galloway Mom said...

I enjoyed your post. I use Perfect 10, too. It is cheap and easy. I started coloring my hair two years ago when those wicked and course grays started popping up on top of my head. They just showed up one day and I have been fighting them ever since. Good golly!

Amy Pasinski said...

Thanks for following me @ www.PoopInAandle.com

Will be following you right back!

Anonymous said...

Cooking is great fun, Not attempted christmas dinner as yet but here in the uk we do Sunday roasts each week which is fab so all the trimmings etc. Wow sushi is quite hard to make from what I've heard. Certainly can't beat a home cooked meal with friends.