Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rock Stars!

I guess a better title for this would be Tammy's random thoughts on the month of August. I mean seriously where did the month go??? I am no longer working full-time - but for some reason this month I put in full-time hours. It has just been a really chaotic month for me! I guess I did not expect all of the added "mommy" duties that would come my way once Abby started school. There is just not enough time in the day!

The best thing about the month of August is that Jeff no longer has to go online at Diapers.com and put in our order!!! Caroline is officially potty trained :) I wish I would have taken a picture of the closet, but you know when you are pregnant and you are in that "nesting" mode of cleaning ... well Jeff did his "nesting" by stocking up the walk-in closet with Diapers and formula. Diapers ranging from Newborn- 4T stacked to the ceiling along with the formula. What was so funny is that when he needed to re-order he would use a different mailing address to get the 15% off for first time orders ~ I think every family member and neighbor received a box of diapers at some point during our 6 year diaper run :)


This month I was also able to get together with my best friend of 24 years. Sadly, we don't get together as much as we use to because of our busy family life now, but when we do find the time it is always filled with laughs and we do get CRAZY ! We decided to bring the men along and stay in Indy for the weekend. My friends name is also Tammy. We met as freshmen at IU and just had some of the best times together. She is my one friend that no matter how long we go without seeing each other we can get together and it seems as though we were still roomates back in college together and nothing has changed.

My best friend Tammy and Me




Our evening started out with the good stuff.. St. Elmos Shrimp Cocktail and then our Favorite - Pizza and Beer


Our plans were the first night to just go out to dinner and then go bar hopping. Let me tell you - My mind was all geared up to drink like a college kid. Jeff and I were both way over due for a night out and I had a "game plan" and it was to pace myself but -DRINK. I added the pace in there because with having the kids I really don't drink very much at all anymore and I didn't want to be the first one out . To tell you the truth the first 2 beers were good, after that I just wanted a coke. We all ended up back at our hotel and were just going to go in a freshen up (it was only 9:30pm) To myself I was thinking - "man that bed looks good with that big tv" but I was also thinking "geez girl, they are going to think you are so lame - get yourself together and lets go party"

so this is what I find when we go to get them to go "party"



Its nice to know that you are not the only one who can't party like a "rock star" anymore :)

*** Kudos to both of them -because when I said " You guys ready to party?" They both popped up and were ready :)


**** If you are reading this and have not become a follower please take the time and click the button that says follow and then just sign in with either your google, yahoo, or aol sign in, its easy and only takes a minute. Thank You.


No comments: