Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sometimes Your the Bug!

Sometimes in life things don't always work out the way you had anticipated. There is a country song that states " Sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug" .... Well for the past few weeks I have felt like the bug!

I no longer work full-time and at first it was a shock to my system - I felt all sorts of things... panic, fear, boredom, sadness, guilt...

For almost 15 years I have worked night-shift and up until I had kids it was the perfect thing for me. However, the older I get the more I realize that sleep is something a person really does need, and working Full-time nights and being a Mommy really doesn't work too well for me. For almost 6 years I ran on very little sleep and I am sure this has had to have a negative affect on the kids and not to mention what it was doing to me. Jeff has always wanted me to be home with the kids and its not that I didn't want to stay home with them- but we were use to a certain type of lifestyle and in order for us to "play big" I needed to work. Plus, I do like my job and what I do.

For almost a month now I have been working only part-time and what that has given me can never be taken away! During the day and on my days off I am not walking around in a big fuzzy cloud because I am totally exhausted...

I had forgotten what it was like to not be tired. The biggest thing is the Time and the memories that I am building with my girls. They love having mommy around more and they love that mommy is not always grouchy and that she doesn't knock them over anymore trying to get to the coffee pot when she first wakes up.

We might have to cut back on steak and sushi nights and limit some of our Travels but right now is the time to enjoy the kids because they grow up way too fast!!! I am so blessed to have such a loving and understanding family!



No comments: