Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mcdonalds - Friend or Foe?



Today when I got up from sleeping Mom and Dad were stir crazy... they wanted to get out of the house and explore the big town of Salem and pick up some lunch at Mcdonalds. The last time I went to this Mcdonalds they screwed the order up and we were missing 1 fish sandwich, so I decided to write down what everyone wanted :

3 Fish sandwiches

1 Big Mac value meal with a coke

2 cheeseburger happy meals with chocolate milk

Dad handed the note to the lady at the window and assumed (always a bad idea) the person could read and was capable of doing their job... They get home missing both Happy Meals and 1 chocolate milk. They only gave us the apples for the Happy Meals. I was furious! Mom and Dad said they would go back but they are old now and shouldn't have to mess with stuff like this. I had just gotten out of bed and had not even brushed my hair. I was wearing green flannel boxer shorts and a gray long sleeve shirt that was 10 years old, blue socks and crocs. I had planned on just going to the drive through. When I got there the line was very long and the place was packed. I don't know what got into me.. Maybe I was thinking about Abigail's surgery or how today's younger generation just doesn't seem to care, but I parked the car right in front of the door and got out and went inside and walked right to the register and asked for the manager. Everyone was watching me and I even apologized to the people next to me for the way I looked - I have never been out in public looking the way I did! Anyway, I had no problem giving the manager a piece of my mind. It has not just happened to us twice, I would say maybe 8 times we have had this problem. Jeff is usually much better at handling situations like this.. but I have to say I was proud of myself. Now if it was Wendys, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut... No problem, I would never go back. But there is just something about Mcdonalds when you get it and the food looks just like the picture on the wall and when the fries are done just right- very yummy!

We are leaving in the morning to take Abigail for her eye surgery so I will be taking a few days off from this blog. Please send prayers her way!





No comments: